Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bria Kelly Is A One-Woman Band By Alexandrea Kern

When you first look at 15-year-old Bria Kelly, you see a petite blue-eyed girl. But after hearing this Virginia native sing, you would've considered the quote "Don't judge a book by it's cover" to be relevant. Bria, came to GRAMMY Camp® on the Songwriter track, writing what she calls, "Country love songs."

Though she is classically trained, soul is her strong point and she enjoys singing country. "In third grade at a chorus concert, my chorus teacher forced me to sing a song," she says after being asked about when her singing career began. "I didn't really want to, but I ended up doing it and from then on I was like, 'Oh I can sing!" Throughout the course of the week, Bria has surprised everyone with her multi-talents. From guitar and bass to drums and keys, she's a one woman band. "I learned guitar four years ago, drums about a year ago, I recently picked bass up about maybe six months ago, and I got a ukulele last month."

Check out Bria's versatile skills in the video below.

No comments: