Monday, July 13, 2009

The Long Road to GRAMMY Camp® by Khaya Carter

My first day of GRAMMY Camp® was very hectic and stressful but exciting. To start off, I was to eager to sleep as I only slept two hours before leaving. Soon after I was on the road to BWI. About 8:45 is when I arrived at the airport; I was pumped with energy and excitement and ready to board my plane and venture out onto my new beginning but I had missed my flight. She gave me a stand-by boarding pass for the next flight to LAX, and though it wasn't guaranteed that I was on flight, faith pulled through and whoever missed their flight left me a nice seat in first class. The people I met on the plane and talked to made me feel like I was right at home, though I was a a little scared because I've never rode on a plane alone. My luggage took forever to come but one of the friendly camp counselors kept me company till my bags came and we set off in the car to USC, where I finally arrived around two in the morning.

The next morning I woke up feeling a little lonely due to my flight issues, but as the day progressed I got more comfortable and less stand-offish. I was nervous about interviewing Gavin Rossdale but I took a chill pill and relaxed. By my second interview with Jason Castro I was on a roll. I had a great time interviewing them and it was a true delight. Despite my delays the first day I wouldnt change a thing about it.

No comments: