Wednesday, July 15, 2009

GRAMMY Campers Explore The Mix of Music And Games by Khaya Carter

Visiting the L.A. headquarters of EA Games was very cool and exciting. As soon as we walked in we were amazed by how the decor's set up and the awesome layout. The first thing that caught my eye was the huge fish tank with a bench seat on it. Who wouldn't want one of those in their house?! The building definitly earned a lot of "Oohs" and "Awws."

I also learned a lot about the symmetry between music and games. I know video games have soundtracks but I didn't realize how much music played a part in the company. Many games had very successful soundtracks.

And what I found interesting was that Green Day enjoyed renewed popularity when their song "American Idiot" was featured on one of the Madden video game. It just goes to show you can make it in the biz from any number of things, including getting your song featured on a video game.

No comments: