Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Rob Knox Definitely Not Dead And Gone by Dana Lee Payne

The well-known producer Rob Knox came to GRAMMY Camp® today to give some of the campers his advice on what to do to heighten their career in the music industry and he also shared some of his own experiences of how he got to where he is now. Rob has produced many different songs, such as “Dead and Gone” by T.I. and Justin Timberlake, “Lottery” by Chris Brown, and “Mannequin” by Britney Spears. These are just a few of the many great songs he has helped create. His production partner is Justin Timberlake and they love going in the studio making great tracks with different artists.

I asked Rob if he had the chance to go to GRAMMY Camp growing up would he take the opportunity to go and who would he want to talk to. He said, “Yes, I would have went and I think that would have been very cool. I would have liked to talk to Dr. Dre and Jay-Z because they were very big at that time.” Then I asked him how he came up with the concept of “Dead and Gone,” and he responded by saying, “Basically Justin and I were in the studio talking about it and we thought that instead of making a dance record that everyone was expecting, let’s just flip it. This idea created ‘Dead and Gone’ because at that time T.I. was going through his trials and the death of his homeboy. So that’s how the song came about.” Rob has definitely created some great music and I think it’s safe to say that he will not be dead and gone any time soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dana!! i see you bloggin nowww. i have no idea who rob knox is butt i read itt anywayy! nice to see some1 is having a productive summer . =]

-- sydddd.